Tuesday, September 23, 2008

"Oh yeah, it's all comin' together."

Today was spectacular! I bet you never thought you'd hear me say those words, did you? Well, I'm saying it. Today was a pretty good day for me. Spectacular may be a bit over the top, but just know that it was a good day.

Brass study started out a lot better for me today than usual. We learned some cool technique that actually made me play better, and by playing better I mean hitting the right notes. It was a pretty monumental step in my progression towards being a better trumpet player so I was pretty happy about it.

Musicianship was actually a lot harder for me today, but I still had a pretty good time. Then, after musicianship I went to keyboarding. The most embarrassing thing happened to me. It was hilarious. So, today was grading on a piece we've been working on for a few weeks, so I was pretty nervous. So she came around to me and I played for her and did really well. I think I got an A which is awesome. So she leaves to the next person and I turn on the orchestra setting (my favorite) and I turn up the volume and get ready to play. When we're in that class we have headphones so that only we can hear it except when we grade. So I forgot to switch back the keyboard back to the setting where only I can hear it. Yeah, a kid was definitely testing when I started jamming out on my keyboard. It was really quite embarrassing. He said he did better while I was playing too, but he could have just been trying to be nice. I felt pretty ridiculous, and I'm pretty sure I haven't been that red for years. I laughed it off with Nick later so it wasn't that big of a deal. Just thought I'd share that funny part of my life. It was pretty great.

So then pre-performance vocal was pretty long again, but I like it. We're learning the IPA right now which is actually pretty cool. Then I practiced with my accompanist so we'd both be ready for my lesson on Thursday. It was pretty cool. I like my accompanist a lot, he seems really nice so he'll be easy to work with. We both seem pretty not wanting to hurt the other persons feelings, so it's a pretty good relationship. We'll work well together, I think. Juries are so close and still so far. I'm already nervous for them. Plus I've never had to work this hard on my own pieces outside of lessons before. It's a lot harder when I have to figure out rhythms and notes all by myself. It's fun though, and pretty challenging so I like it.

Then choir was just hard again. We learned a new song for the scholarship concert that I really like, and then we count sang a song that has really hard rhythms. I really need to be better at rhythm. Anyways so when I got home I did some homework and then one of my friends from school came over and we went to Nick's concert together. She's really nice, and I think we'll be good friends. But we'll wait and see what happens.

Nick's concert was awesome by the way.

So yeah, it was a really good day for me. I got in some good practicing, embarrassed myself in front of an entire class, hung out with someone from school, saw a good concert, and finished up my homework. I would definitely call it a productive and worthwhile day. Well, I'm out. Thanks for listening. Sorry if this post was disjointed and jumbled. I hope you're all doing well tonight. If you ever need something, I'm always here. Good night, friends, and good luck with everything. I've overwriting previous comments and instead I'm proclaiming that things are going to be all right. "Oh yeah, it's all comin' together."

-Fluffy

2 comments:

Katie Ann said...

"The peasant! At the diner! He didn't pay his check..."

Hahah I'm so glad to hear that you had a good day :D And that story about you embarrassing yourself will never stop being funny. Good times...wish I had seen it.

So you went to Nick's concert? Cool! I wish I could have gone. Man, I'm kinda jealous, you were so productive yesterday! Molly and I went grocery shopping for like three hours yesterday. That was pretty intense. Ah! And my rat is so brilliant. Anyway, I'm super excited for you. Things are looking up :D "uh huh, uh huh uh huh uh huh. Oh yeah"

Have a fabulous day!

Anonymous said...

Melissa my love!!!!
That's the best news ever. Don't you love making a fool of yourself. At least you always have something to laugh about from that class now. On tuesday I had a test in Physical Therapy which I was late to. I got there, and it was stone quiet. I get my test and walk to the back where I provide to sit down. The chairs are really creaky and i kept readjusting to get comfortable. I didn't think anything of it, but apparently half of the class did. They were all staring at me, and it made my day. I aced the test, so who even cares. I figure when I get a mean look, it means that they're probably jealous. Of what, I'm not sure, but there's something that we've got that they want. LOL. I'm super happy for you, and I'm glad that you've made a breakthrough in Brass class. I seriously give you props for that one. Brass is the hardzorz (I don't say zorz unless it's true). Well have the kind of night that will bring you the most happiness. Peace and love (and remember that there will always be beauty in the world if Great Harvest is giving out free slices of bread, but when that stops we're all doomed!) LOL
James Gardner
P.S. I have no more tests this week!!!