Thursday, September 18, 2008

(8) Oh I love technology... (8)

So I'm sure you're all dying to know why I didn't post last night. Maybe you're not, either way I'm going to tell you though so here I go. Last night was good and bad. I went to a play at PTC with some friends, their mom's, and my mom. It was actually pretty fun besides that fact that it lasted forever. So moving past that, I got home around 11:30 and went to turn on my computer to post, and it wouldn't work. So I tried it again, and it turned on! So the homepage thing loads and I look down and my internet isn't working. So in my head I'm thinking all sorts of pesimistic things about my stupid computer, and I decide to head upstairs to post from the last resort: my home computer. I get up there and try out the internet, and guess what? It wouldn't work either. Needless to say, I'm pretty upset about it. I was doing so well at the blogaday thing, and all of my dreams were dashed to pieces two days before the last post. Yeah, I'm not too happy about it. That aside, I would like to write down the things I was going to say yesterday. So this post is written today about yesterday with a little bit of today thrown in just to keep things interesting.

Yesterday was an interesting day for me. I haven't been getting too much sleep these past few days. I've probably been running on an average of 5 hours a night which isn't very good for me, but I'm going to try and fix that tonight. Maybe it'll be easier since I can't get on my computer... :( Anyways, I'm really going to try and stop dwelling on that.

There's some really important stuff that happened to me yesterday. Theory had me REALLY stressed yesterday. We have to turn in these weekly assignments of like 10 papers, and it just stresses me out to finish them all and turn them in, and I usually leave them until the last minute which is bad. So I was pretty stressed about that and being at school until forever. So I was just having kind of a rough day, but I was really looking forward to institute. I always look forward to institute, but I really felt like it was something that I really needed this week. It's just been kind of a rough and stressful week, and I couldn't wait to get to the institute building.

So, I rode TRAX up to the building, and walked in, and I felt so much better almost immediately. It was like I was walking into a safe zone. I just feel like institute is a place where people still care about me and want me to grow and get better. So I went to class and Brother Milburn's powerpoint wouldn't work. So, background on the powerpoint, I think it's great and everything, but I've kind of been missing having discussions about things because we're not focused on something like a powerpoint. That probably doesn't really make sense, but I just really needed something different yesterday, and I got exactly what I needed. I felt so good throughout the whole lesson, and I really gained knowledge on a few things that I've been lacking. It was one of the best classes I've been to. When class was over and I was leaving, I decided to walk back to the music building. I felt so good about things, and I felt like I was seeing things from a whole different perspective. A better perspective than the one I've been having the past few weeks. It was just a feeling like, things are hard right now for a reason, but it's for a reason so it's ok. I just felt really good about the whole experience.

Things are going to be all right. I had a glimpse of sunshine today in my singing lesson. I didn't get much sleep again last night, so I've been pretty tired all day. So I went to my lesson walking rather half-heartedly, and when I got there he greeted me with a smile and asked about my week and everything, and I just felt so good. I really feel like I'm improving just from being with him for a half an hour a week. It's so cool to hear my voice getting more developed and stronger, and for the record I went down to a low C today which is awesome. He told me I'd been holding out on him. It's pretty great. The best part was that he told me that next semester he thinks I should go to an hour long lesson because he thinks I have potential. Hearing that made coming to school worth it today. I love to sing. It's great.

So yeah, sorry that I didn't post yesterday. I really wanted to, and I'm sorry that my computers weren't working. But I'm here again, and things are going all right. Katie and Molly are coming down tomorrow and we're going to party it up at the institute dance so that'll pretty fun. I hope you're all doing really well. This post might not make too much sense, I'm sort of tired. So sorry about that. Have a great day, and I really hope you're all doing well :)

-Fluffy

1 comment:

Jaron Frost said...

Psh. I wish I had potential...

Well, it sounds like things ended up being okay in the end, so that's good. :) No worries about the structure of the post... we all have our days where we feel like our writing is jumbled and nonsensical. Glad to see all of us are really keeping up with our blogging. It's been very cool.