Sunday, September 07, 2008

(8) What I like about you (8)

So the first item of business for today is that I think it's really great when people post comments on things that I write. So thanks to everyone who's taking to the time to read this and/or comment. It really means a lot to me. I didn't even know I had four readers ;) Anyways, this weekend has been great. Has it been productive? Not at all. Has it been super awesome? For sure. I've spent a lot of time with some really great people, and it was really fun to be able to spend so much time with them this weekend.

Katie and Molly surprised me by secretely coming home this weekend and hiding in my house. It was pretty exciting, but let's be honest, I totally knew Katie was coming. How did I know? Because Katie texted me Friday and said so what are you doing after school? What are you doing after tutoring? What time will you be home? These questions all lead me to believe that she would be coming home or the weekend; however, Molly was definitely quite a bit sneakier than Katie. I really thought Molly was staying in Logan for the weekend. So, needless to say, I was super excited when I got home and saw some awesome people waiting for me.

So the unproductive part of this weekend has been the nonhomework part of my weekend. While I was with some people tonight, I realized that I have a test on Monday on 9 statements I'm supposed to have memorized word for word. I've had the assignment for like a week, but I haven't taken the time to study them yet. I really hope that I'll be able to get it all memorized for Monday. I did fix my trumpet today though! I thought that I was just the worst trumpet player in the world, but it turns out that I didn't fit the keys in the right way so it wasn't working. That means I won't be holding the class back anymore, and that is a spectacular feeling.

So today I went to this sorority breakfast at the institute, and it actually went a lot better than I expected it to. I was paired with a really nice guy that was pretty nerdy, so that went well for me. We talked a little about music, calculus, and some engineering stuff. It was pretty cool. We also made a napkin card because everyone stole all the real paper. So it turned into being an activity that I didn't perceive to be awful, and so that was pretty great. I felt pretty good about it. I'm still not sure how the real sorority part will work out, but the breakfast was fun and tasty so I'm sure everything else will work out too.

Well, I have church pretty early tomorrow, so I'm out. It was nice to write a post on a night that I feel pretty good. I'm still worried about some things, but I know it'll all work out well. Well, good night, friends. I hope that everything is going well for all of you. I'll miss everyone who's leaving me again, but I'll come visit super soon :D Have a great night!

No comments: