Tuesday, September 16, 2008

(8) All in all, I'd rather have detention (8)

Look at me go. It's 10:30 and I'm nearly done with my homework. I was convinced that it was going to take me a lot longer than this. It only took me around 4-5 hours of study and stuff which is better than I thought it would be with the dreaded theory being the main course of study tonight. I put it off, so it's totally my fault for not being farther along on it. I just hate it so I don't do it. I'm really going to try to be a better student in that class. I have to. It's my hardest class and I'm really struggling in it; however, I recognize that it's definitely my bad on that one. I'll work on it. I won't work on anymore of it tonight, but probably tomorrow or the next day. The plan is to study it sometime before Friday haha

So today was an interesting day. We got homework in musicianship which actually makes me kind of happy. I really like that class so it's kind of fun to do the homework. I just have one of those professors that makes you want to learn whether you really want to learn or not. Her personality is totally contageous, and I'm totally in to what we're doing in there. Pronotation is not for squares, it's for me, and I love it.

Keyboarding is... long. I like it, and I'm doing pretty well, but we have a lot of practice time, and my attention span isn't that great. I'm adjusting though, and I really like playing with the strings 1 setting on the keyboard. The song that I wrote sounds so much cooler played with violins, violas, and cellos. It's great, and that's definitely the best part. The messing around part that is. Oh, and I have that class with Nick. That's fun too.

Pre-Performance vocal was long again. My friend really likes it, but I'm not so sure. It's interesting that's for sure. We're learning about vocal health and stuff which is really interesting, but sometimes the class kind of drags on. It's all right though, we get out early a lot, and I'm hoping there won't really be testing (knock on wood).

I also have brass study on these days hahaha You should see me try to play the trumpet... it is definitely something to see. Other than the flute I've never played a blowing instrument before, so it's really weird to buzz my lips. They get all tingly and weird feeling after class. I CAN make a noise now though which is actually a pretty big improvement for me. I'm even getting most of the notes at this point. Yay me.

My last class today was choir. I'm really liking it, and the lady next to me complimented me today on being all the way memorized. It made me feel pretty good. I wish I could say that I'd worked pretty hard for that, but I didn't go over the music too much. Luckily being in class helps a lot with the whole memorization thing.

Sorry if that was boring. It probably was, and I wasn't really thinking about it being boring. My bad. I'm not really sure what else to write about and I don't really want to drag this out anymore because I feel like you're all sitting through my pre-performance vocal class, and I wouldn't want to place that kind of lengthiness on anyone.

I'm doing well tonight. Today was better than yesterday, but I still wouldn't get it very many stars out of 5. I did get to laugh at some pretty funny dr. allredisms today though. A kid that sits in front of me in choir writes down all the funny things that my choir director says. They were pretty hilarious. I'm trying to remember the funniest one...

I thought of a pretty funny one, but I wish you all knew the guy who says this stuff. I didn't realize he was funny until this kid pointed it out. I'm too terrifed of him to think he's very funny, but he really is. He looked at this kid the other day and said, "Don't choke on your gum." I'm pretty sure he wanted him to... I'm glad that wasn't me.

I'll have to think of some other ones. Maybe I'll start writing some down and post them everyday. Maybe it'll make choir less terrifying. Maybe not. We'll see.

Well, I'm out. This post was kind of wasteful, but I guess it might be cool to hear about how my classes are going and stuff. I guess you guys can decide that one. ;) Well, good night everyone. I hope everything is going well for all of you. Have a spectacular night.

-Fluffy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I love you so much. I'm so glad that you all came up to spend some time with us. I'm really happy about everything. On the whole 5 star thing, I'd say that sometimes just getting through the day deserves a 5. I was sad that we had to go to intitute choir before we could say goodbye. I'm really thankful that you came up. I miss you so much. The relationships that I've made here are good, and the people are too. They are just sort of superficial on a lot of levels. There isn't a lot to level with them about. It's frustrating, but reading you blog helps me understand that everyone's sort of going through similar things. I think I just came to the realization that maybe these are opportunities for me to make someone else's day for once. Sometimes (all the time) I'm pretty selfish about my friends being able to make me walk on air. I know that it's time for me to give back. As we do "this thing" I'm going to try to make more goals like you're doing. Thanks for inspiring me. Have a great one.
See ya at the funny papers (I don't know what that means but it sounded cool)
Your friend,
James Gardner

Jaron Frost said...

I liked this post :) It's good to hear about the everyday stuff once in a while. It's interesting to see how it compares with my own, so it has value in that regard. :) Keep it up!

M-smash said...

So I really like hearing about your music classes. A lot.Sometimes I wish I was a music major. But then I realize that double majoring would kick me in the okole. Twice.
Luckily, I have this ridiculous song that I want you to listen to. You already know it...but it kinda actually fits this time.

If you're going through hell by Rodney Atkins.

It made me laugh. Kinda like you do. But you have cleaner language. :)

Nick said...

Hooray Melissa! Sorry I haven't been reading your blog... but I promise I will. And now you can read mine. Haha.

It is interesting reading about your classes, since I don't see or talk to you very much.... we should work on that. ;)

I'm glad you mentioned me in the Keyboard section. Haha. I suck at piano...

The marching band director says some pretty hilarious things. I'll chronicle one or two on my blog tonight, I think. To give you a reason to read it.

If you need help with Theory, don't forget to ask. Maybe we should set a day to do the homework together or something. Like Thursday or Sunday online or something. Let me know.

Peace.