Sunday, September 28, 2008

(8) I have been changed for good (8)

Well today was a really good day for me again. Can I just say that I am really really blessed. I have so many people that really care about me, and I'm given so many opportunities to be better and to feel like I can do better. Do I always do better? Definitely not, but I still always have that option. Each day i wake up is another day that I can decide to work hard and do my best or skim by and not try at all. Some days are harder than others, but I always have the opportunity and I'm grateful for that.

I had to leave some really important people again today. It wasn't as hard as last time, but that doesn't mean it wasn't hard for me. It was nice to have Chelsea in the car to talk with on the way home. We had an exceptionally long time to talk because we got lost on the way home; however, we eventually found our way and we had a really nice talk on the way home. Our lives have actually been really quite similar, and I'm really lucky that I found her. She's one of the only people that I've gotten past the superficial phase with at school. It was nice to talk to her. We talked about school, leaving friends, finding new friends, boys, and just life in general. It was just really really nice to talk to someone who's going through basically the same situation that I am right now. It's nice to just really talk to people that you can tell REAL things to. It's been hard to start over on that surface level with everyone at school because things just didn't seem very personal for a while there. I like things that seem real and genuine, and that just really wasn't happening for a while there. But talking on the way back really just gave me hope for the future. There is definitely room in my heart to love new people. I won't love any of my other friends any less, but there's always more room in my heart for new people. I was pretty protective of my heart for a while there, but I think that I'm ready to open it up and share it. I'm ready to find people that I can really care about. I'm ready to allow new people to be a part of my life.

Katie told me that we're all going to have to adapt to our new surroundings, and to me that means changing. I think I'm pretty easily influenced by the people around me, and so it's a good thing that I always end up with good people in my life. But this weekend really showed me that I don't have to be someone different because I'm with different people, and that being perfect isn't the most important thing. The most important thing is doing my best and sticking to the things that are important to me.

Today was just a really good day for me. It was hard. All right, it was really really hard, but I had a good person there to talk with me. We made it through that awesome and difficult time together, and I learned that my heart's big enough for more people. Caring about new people doesn't mean that I care about other people any less it just means that I care about more people. Well friends, I really hope things are going well for me. Don't forget me, and never forget that I care about each of you. You're all great people who have influenced my life for good, and there are still tons more people who are going to influence me for good as well. Good luck, and I'm always just a phone call or text away.

-Fluffy

1 comment:

Katie Ann said...

First off....how do you get lost on the way home? Miss the Salt Lake City sign too ;) I'm just teasing. I'm super glad you came up and brought Chelsea too. And I'm really glad you had a good experience here. You're always an inspiration. I'm not as good of a person when you're not around. All the more reason to try harder I suppose. Thanks for always being there for me. I hope you're having a good day. Love you!