Tuesday, September 09, 2008

(8) It's love we're dreaming of (8)

So, this post has to be relatively short. The goal of the night is to be in bed as close to ten o clock as possible. It's 9:49 right now so I have eleven minutes to write down all the thought I had today. So very first I just want to comment on music theory. Nick was my lifesaver today. Officially. He helped me with a lot of confusing theory stuff which was awesome because I'm not very good at theory yet. I'll get better...hopefully. That's the plan anyway. So yeah, theory class is the worse, but I really like my other classes, and today was a pretty good day. :)

I think that my very favorite class is musicianship right now. It's still pretty basic, but I love hearing things and trying to find out the tonic note and the solfege for it. It's just cool and fun to figure out. I'm actually relatively good at it which makes me feel pretty good. Someone made fun of my G Clef though... hmmmm other than that it was a great class. :) I also fixed my trumpet and so brass study was a lot better. I played notes today, and that was my greatest improvement thus far. Yay me!

I just erased two big paragraphs of stuff. It was about stuff that doesn't really fit tonight, but maybe I'll bring it up again in a different post. Probably not. I'm sorry that this post is lacking substance. Blogging is interesting. There are some things that I think during the day that I might write in a journal, but I wouldn't ever write it down here. It's not that it's bad or anything, it's just stuff that is too fragile. Fragile? I don't know. Maybe it's more that I'm too afraid to put some thoughts out there that are special to me. Parrish did always tell me that I was too worried about my audience, I think I'm getting better at that though. I'm better at free writing because of this blog. I'm still not wonderful, but any step forward is progress.

I'm over by two minutes, but that's all right. Good night, friends. Once again, sorry for the weird post tonight. I had more thoughts, but my self-consciousness and the life-sucking theory took it out of me. Have a great night! I hope all is well for you :) Things are going well here :)

2 comments:

Jaron Frost said...

I edit myself too... sometimes its for the better, I suppose. It's hard to know where that line is. But I think for the most part, we want to hear what you really do have to say. :) I know I do. Good luck with your music classes... music is a really hard subject. I admire you and Nick for going for it. Best of luck. :)

Rachel Frost said...

I think everyone edits themselves. I'm trying not to do that, regardless of how it turns out. When you edit yourself, you close the door to a lot of options. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, especially in a blog where you may not want your friends to know every thought in your head.

...I want to hear what you have to say...

Good luck with college and stuff.