Wednesday, September 24, 2008

(8) Makin' banana pancakes (8)

So it's pretty late, but I thought I'd hurry and share the funny/sad story of the day. So I'm coming home on TRAX and this lady is talking to me about knitting and stuff, and she was really nice so I thought I'd talk with her. Luckily for me she was great at talking, so I mostly got to listen. So it was getting close to my stop so I thought I'd grab my keys from my backpack so that I could just jump in my car and head home. So I reach into my bag to grab my keys and they weren't there. I thought of three things that could have happened.

1) They fell out of my bag somewhere at school
2) Someone took them because I have a jump drive attached to them
3) I locked them inside of my car.

I was really hoping that the third option was the correct one, but really I was just hoping that they were somewhere in my backpack so I looked again and they still weren't there. As I'm heading out to my car I call my mom and tell her the situation, and she tells me that she's at my sister's parent-teacher conferences so it'll be a while until she can come and let me into my car. When I finally get to my car I look inside and they were definitely still in the ignition and everything. I felt so stupid. So I waited for like twenty minutes, and I called Katie to tell her about how stupid I am, and my mom still wasn't there yet. So i call her up and she tells me that she's just barely leaving the school. So I waited in the TRAX parking lot for about a half an hour until my mom came to save me. Then my mom took me to dinner so I guess it all turned out all right. Anyways, I just thought it was a pretty humerous story. I've locked my keys in my car once before too. Maybe I should be more careful.

Well, I hope that story made you all smile. Stuff's still going pretty well for me lately, and I hope everything is going well for all of you as well. Good luck with everything, and I'm still always here for me. Ahhh the beauty of the cell phone. Have a great night, friends.

-Fluffy

2 comments:

Rachel Frost said...

Haha. That's not really all that stupid. I mean, people do it all the time. Although you could argue that people are stupid. But whatever. You are the funniest girl... I love hearing these stories. :D Keep writing. Love you!

M-smash said...

One time, my mom and Tanner and I went to a movie and my mom totally locked us out of our car.
But my mom constantly locks her keys in her car. So we should have seen it coming.
But anyway, I had to call Katie and ask her to bring all the spare keys we had so that we made sure we got one that worked.
And they all lived happily ever after.

I love it when that happens. Don't you? :)