Monday, September 08, 2008

(8) To Become Like Him (8)

Well here I am again :) Today went pretty well. I sat by a few new friends on TRAX today which felt pretty good even thought I only said like two words the whole time. It was still nice to be with people. I really did enjoy today. Music theory will be the downfall of me, but Nick said that he would help me with it which will be awesome.

Sorry it's such a short post, I'm pretty tired. It was a really good day though. One thought before I leave. I really appreciate the way that music affects people. I'm listening to some pretty inspiring music right now and it just makes me feel good. Music has some serious power attached to it, and I think that's what I love about it the most. It can be so beautiful. It's like music is a way of expressing emotions and feelings that you wouldn't normally say out loud. It's almost as if music is permission to be completely serious for a moment. Of course there's music that is fun and funny, but right now I'm really appreciating the music that gives that short glimpse into universal human feelings that are generally kept secret from other people. Most of us don't go around professing our undying love for another person, but when it's said in song it's generally accepted. I like that. I'm not really great at expressing exactly how I feel, but music is a way around that. There are a lot of other great things about music, but that's the one I've been thinking about today.

Have a great night friends. I hope you're all doing really well :)

-Fluffy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Music theory only gets better. It's like things just build on eachother until you have one of those palaces made out of playing cards. The best part is that that knowledge doesn't leave you, so really it's more like popsicle sticks than playing cards.
I know that things seems hard, and I'm going to tell you that it's because things ARE hard. It's important the we just keep on chuggin along. Sometimes I just have those "me surviving" days. I think that it's those days when I need a friend the most. To solve the problem I decided to start trying to be a friend. It's really made a difference.
I love reading and I'm super duper (yes I mean that) excited for you to come up. It's going to be awesome.
-James

Jaron Frost said...

Music definitely is awesome. It's a little hard for me, though... maybe that's why I'm more into poetry instead. It's like music, without any sound but your voice... so it's sorta like a capella...? Without a melody? Something like that. :D