Monday, October 27, 2008

(8) Someone needs your star (8)

Something pretty great happened this fine evening. It wasn't really what I planned to have happen, but it turned out really well. My family was going to go out to dinner tonight to support my sister in this fundraiser she's doing for soccer, but Glen called me and invited me to go and see a play with him at Hale. Into the Woods is a great play by the way. Loved it. I had a really good time with Glen, and his parents were super nice to me.

The point of the story is that tonight made me feel like I'm doing all right. I'm not perfect or anywhere near perfect, but I'm doing OK. It's just a good feeling to feel like I don't need to worry so much about the future and other things that seem to be so pressing. I don't need to worry so much about people not liking me. I think deep down somewhere in my heart I really do know that things are going to be great in the end. It's just been hard to remember that every day. It's especially hard to remember that when I don't feel like things are going the way I think they should. But today I feel like things are going to be all right. Today was a little push towards following yesterday's quote of the day.

Things really are going well for me. I'm moving forward and learning new things about myself. I'm learning to be open to other people and to let people in to see who I am. It's super scary for me, but I'm doing it because I know that it's the best thing for me. I really hope you're all doing well tonight. I'm always here to talk if you need someone or if you just want someone to say hi to. :) Good night, friends. Good luck with your Tuesday.

-Fluffy

"When referring to an individual, including yourself, never use the word 'just'." -President Hinckley

No comments: