Thursday, October 02, 2008

(8) I thank my lucky stars to be livin' here today (8)

Can I just tell you how grateful I am for tender mercies. There are some days when I just feel like I can't press on any more or I feel like there's no one left in the world that cares about me. And then I get a funny little text, a kind phone call, or someone just decides to tell me that they care about me. It really does mean a lot to me when people just show that they care because some times it's really easy to feel like I'm pushing through this life with only help from above. And it's nice to be reminded that there are people who are here on this earth that really care about me too. It's just nice to know that the things that I'm trying to do to help other people actually influence them, and that what I do really matters.

So I've been really into quotes lately. I like to write down funny things that people say or things that touch my heart. The quote for today came from the Relief society broadcast from last weekend. I really liked the talk that President Uchtdorf gave during the broadcast. It was one of those talks that you feel like it was given just for you. So I liked it enough to look it up again today and reread it while I had my break during school. So I was reading and I came across a line that really made me feel good about things. He said, "Don’t let the voice of critics paralyze you—whether that voice comes from the outside or the inside." I really liked that he included the inside in this statement. I don't know about all of you, but I can be my harshest critic. It's really to get down on myself when I don't do things exactly the way I think I should be able to do them. I just thought it was a really good quote, and it was a really good talk. I would definitely recommend reading it. It was really good and funny, and it made me feel better about the direction I'm heading.

So today was full of a lot of interesting turns. I did some practicing and finished most of my homework. So it was successful as far as school goes. I'm not so sure how I did friend wise, but I sat in a group of people at our convo today, and that made me feel pretty good about things. It's still just different, and it's an adjustment that I'm still trying to make. It's worth it because I know that everything's going to be all right in the end. I'll eventually find my niche and make good friends. Some things just take time and patience, and that's what I'm doing now. I'm relying on the belief that all of this will turn out for the better and that I'll always have help along the way.

This post was just full of random thoughts that I had today and right now, and I'm not really sure how it turned out. I hope that you're all doing well tonight. Hooray for all right days. I sincerely hope that you're all doing well and that things are going well for you. I'm always here, and I'll always care.

-Fluffy

1 comment:

Katie Ann said...

I love that quote. It's one of the lines I wrote down while watching the broadcast. You are way too hard on yourself. You're amazing. Let yourself be amazing. Dare to be enthusiastic ;) Easier said than done. But the point is...never forget that a lot of people love you. Especially me. You should clear some room in your schedule to play tonight...we'll be home around seven or eight :) Love you and I'll see you soon!