Monday, October 06, 2008

(8) Sing a little sing a little la la la (8)

I'm up a lot later than I should be tonight, but my family decided that it would be a fun thing to have family home evening tonight and I thought that was probably more important than finishing my homework. I still have a little bit more homework to do before I go to bed, but I guess that I can just take a nap when I get home tomorrow. I don't really know what other options I have. I just finished my musicianship studying. I am terrible at dictation, and the problem is that it's really hard to practice dictation because someone has to play a random melody for you to write down. It's just something that's kind of difficult to practice on your own. But my teacher gave us some stuff to study over the weekend for our midterm tomorrow, but I didn't look at it until tonight. It's basically just dictation, and I guess if i get lucky those will the be the dictations she uses for the test tomorrow. I doubt it though, but maybe. I think that I might have a better chance of doing well tomorrow if she uses those ones from the book, but that still doesn't guarantee that I'll do well. I really need to study more. But sometimes it feels like all I do is study, and when I'm not studying I feel guilty for not studying. I don't think I'm doing my best, but I also don't really know how to balance the whole studying/homework thing with the rest of my life. I'll get it figured out. I just hope that my GPA doesn't suffer because I haven't figured it out. I'll let you know how the test goes tomorrow. It's my second midterm, but the first one didn't count because it was for my online class and we're still doing pretty basic stuff in there. So really tomorrow is my first midterm. I'm pretty nervous, so I hope that I do well.

After I finish this post I have to go and finish up this IPA (International Phonetics Alphabet) thing. It's pretty interesting, but I don't want to be tested on it. I'm really nervous for the midterm in that class. I'm not really sure what to study. I think we have a review tomorrow, and I really hope it helps.

Today was a pretty good day for me. School was hard again, but I'm doing my best, and that's all I've been asked to do right now. I was never promised that things would be easy for me, but I've got that constant guidance that says that it's all for my benefit.

I think that the best part of today was the FHE we had. We watched that new movie about the life of Emma Smith. It was really inspirational. I learned a lot of things from that movie that I didn't expect to learn, and I felt a lot of feelings that I didn't expect to feel. It was a good movie, and it was good that i spent some quality time with my family. Before the movie started i was helping my sister with some of her singing problems. It was pretty fun. I got a small experience with what it's like to be a real vocal teacher. It was interesting, and I understand now what they mean by teachers trying to impart all their knowledge in one lesson. I quickly learned that I had to focus on one thing to improve instead of twelve. It was a good learning experience, and I enjoyed spending some time with my sister. We don't do that very often, so it was fun. It was also pretty cool to see her take interest in something that really interests me. It was a cool experience, and I'll probably be helping her out more in the future too.

I also got to teach in my intro to music ed class today. We had to teach something non-musical in five minutes or less and so I decided to teach them a frisbee throw. I ended up teaching them two because I had enough time. So I taught the class the thumber and the forehand throws. It was pretty fun. I brought them all paper plates to practice with and I let a few students throw the real frisbee. i think it went pretty well, but it did get a little crazy when I let them run free with the paper plates. It was a good experience though, and it was great to see how I would handle a classroom setting.

All in all it was a good day today. Tomorrow will be interesting, but hopefully I'll have a good report for you when tomorrow rolls around. Good night, friends. I hope you're all doing well. Have a spectacular day tomorrow!

-Fluffy

No comments: