Thursday, October 23, 2008

(8) I've got you under my skin (8)

Today has been a super crazy day for me. I was late getting up this morning so I had to drive to school. I really like driving to school because I feel some sort of strange comfort knowing that my car is with me. It just feels great knowing that I can bring EXTRA things to school and keep them in my car. I know it's weird, but it makes me pretty happy. But driving also has a pretty big downside coupled with it. I have to walk from the institute building to David Gardner hall, and that's a really long walk. Plus it was cold. I do look pretty cute today though. So things could be worse. ;)

I thought about things being worse twice today. Just now and earlier when I was feeling fat. I looked at the elevator's capacity of 4000 lbs and thought, "at least I can fit on the elevator." "Things could be worse." It made me smile and laugh to think that in my head. It was a shame that there was no one in the elevator that I could share the random thought with. It was a pretty good one.

I had to sing for the whole vocal music freshman class today. There's a little more than 40 of us, and I thought I was going to die. I was so scared. And I had picked my "brave" song to sing last night when I was feeling brave. I wasn't feeling quite so brave this morning, but I felt like I did really well. I gave it my all. My legs and hands were shaking uncontrollably, but I feel good about it. It felt good to do well, and I'm really grateful that I feel good about it. My voice lesson went well too. He told me I have good over tones. I like over tones so I guess I'm pretty glad that I have good ones ;)

Today has been a pretty silly day. Stressful and long? Yes. Good? Also a yes. Things are going to be all right. There is so much that I can improve, but I'm still going strong with my small and simple goal. It's really working for me to try and make a few smaller things better right now. Things are going well for me, and I really hope that things are going well for all of you as well. Have a stupendously spectacular day!

-Fluffy

The quote today isn't the quote that I was looking for, but it's by the same man. It's a really great quote. Hopefully I'll be able to find the other quote that inspired me to look him up. Sorry, it's long. :)

"Life is simply time given to man to learn how to live. Mistakes are always part of learning. The real dignity of life consists in cultivating a fine attitude towards our own mistakes and those of others. It is the fine tolerance of a fine soul. Man becomes great, not through never making mistakes, but by profiting by those he does make; by being satisfied with a single rendition of a mistake not encoring it into a continuous performance; by getting from it the honey of new, regenerating inspiration with no irritating sting of morbid regret; by building better to-day because of his poor yesterday; and by rising with renewed strength, finer purpose and freshened courage every time he falls." -William George Jordan

1 comment:

Katie Ann said...

I appreciated you sharing that comment with me :) And I really love the quotes that you post. They help me a lot. Moral of the story? You're a winner!