Monday, August 25, 2008

(8) You are the New Day (8)

I feel like I've used that title before... hmmmm. I'm terribly sorry if I have used that title before. Anyways, today was my very first day of school. How did it go? I give it a 6 out of 10 as far as first days go. That may seem kind of low, but if you'd seen me last night, a 6 is generous.

I met a few new people which was great news. There's one girl that I have every single class with but one, so that's good news. She's super nice and I think we could probably be pretty good friends. All in all it was a pretty good first day of college. Tomorrow is definitely my more difficult day, so we'll see how I hold up after that one.

You know, I'm just not really very good at dealing with new things. I'm not very good at dealing with stress either, and new things are kind of stressful for me. It's kind of a double whammy. I really am doing fine, but still it's hard for me to adjust to. It's hard to feel alone so often, it's hard to make new friends, it's hard to grow up ;) I'm doing it, but it's hard. I know that it will get easier after a few days or weeks, but right now it's hard.

I did make the aCapella choir though! That was really awesome. The auditions was super scary and super hard, but I made it. I start on Wednesday. That was definitely the good news of the day. The bad news is that my card won't work for all the practice rooms- go figure. Oh, sorry that the bad news was last, I don't generally like it that way. Anyways, all in all it was a good day. It's hard to get used to, but it was good. I still miss having a few people around, but that's life I guess. I'm learning to take it in stride.

Good night friends. I hope that everyone else had good first days too. Good luck with everything that you're doing. And to those of you who seem to be millions of miles away from me, I miss you and wish you the best.

-Fluffy

No comments: