Friday, August 29, 2008

(8) I can show you the world (8)

So, I'm actually on campus right now. I thought it would be kind of fun to post from the actual University for one of my blogadays. I have a bit of a break between my last class and acappella on Monday, Wednesdays, and Fridays, so I figured now would be a pretty good time to write something. One item of business before I get started. I'm typing on the biggest mac I have ever seen. I left my laptop at home today because I'm leaving somewhere right after school and didn't want to leave it in the car, so I figured today was a good day to use the music library computers. They sure are interesting.

So good things and bad things have happened today, but I feel about three billion times better today than I did yesterday. Strange how that works isn't it? Anyways, more about that later in the post. First, the bad. So, I went on TRAX like I do every morning but this stupid train said it was going to somewhere other than the University so I didn't get on it. Stupid train. It was definitely going to the University. So what happened? I was five minutes late to my first class. I felt so stupid. Anyways, I just had to move on from that one and not stress about it. Riding TRAX is an interesting experience all in itself. I have to time it just right or I won't be on time which is really new for me. Anyways, I'll have to work on being better at that riding TRAX thing.

So about my day being better. I just feel better. I know that it's probably only a temporary thing, but I really finally felt like myself today. Stuff is still all weird, but I talked to a few people as myself. It wasn't the self that I am when I'm all nervous and scared. It was just me, and they seemed all right with that. Yesterday I felt ready to transfer schools, but today I feel like it'll be all right. It wasn't a perfect day by any means, but it was more successful than yesterday. Plus, it's finally the weekend. I have choir left, but really that doesn't count. My first week of school was officially over around 11:35 or so. I didn't die. I did all right.

Lately when I've been getting down on myself, I've tried to focus more on helping other people. How is that working? Not so well. I'm trying to implement the whole sitting by lonely people, but seriously, everyone is alone here. There's a whole hill full of them. haha Anyways, I'm working on being better on not focusing on me and only me. I think that that's something that will really help me make friends and stay happier. Obviously yesterday wasn't focused on anyone else, but today I'll do better. That's the constant struggle- making every day better than the last.

I just thought you'd all like to know that I'm surviving ;) Sorry and thank you to those of you that helped me through my private pity party yesterday. I appreciate you all. Good luck with stuff, and adios from the University.

-Fluffy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Melissa,
I want you to know that i miss your personality and your super funny humor. I'm glad that you're doing better. School is a huge change, and it's nice to see another person's perspective on it. Though i try not to show it, things definitely make me crazy especially lately. Thanks for helping me with some things that have really been bothering me. Have a great day.
your friend,
james gardner