Tuesday, August 26, 2008

(8) It feels like today (8)

Today was my second day of school. You might be wondering how it went, or I guess you might not be wondering how it went. Either way I'm going to tell you how it went. It was a lot better today. I felt more comfortable so that was good. I'm not saying that I'm completely adjusted or anything. If I said that, I would most definitely be lying to all of you; however, it was better. I felt better about the whole experience.

Story of the day! I got a new trumpet for myself. Well, I didn't get it for myself. It's for my brass study class! I get to learn how to play the trumpet, and then later in the semester I get to learn how to play the French horn! Is that the coolest thing you've ever heard? Because it's definitely one of the coolest things I've ever done. I even get a cute little locker to put it in. I know, it's cool. I'm sure I look super cool carrying it around campus too... ;) Anyways, that was definitely the coolest thing that happened today.

I have another story of the day! My musicianship class is really cool so far. Today we learned about the sulfage (I may have spelled that wrong...) system (do re mi etc.) and then we sang for a bit. It was really cool, and I liked it a lot. It's going to be one of my more difficult courses, but I think that I'll really enjoy musicianship. So I have officially visited all of my classes but my choir now. YAY!

You know, I'm not trying to steel Thatcher's topic, because I wouldn't want to do that; however, I thought a lot about what he said about his friends and things. I have a lot of time to think while I'm by myself on campus. Anyways, I've met some cool people, but really I can't see how it will turn into solid friendships. It's silly, because I know that some of them are bound to, but I can't picture any of them going that way. I just feel so alone right now on campus, I can't imagine walking with people and feeling as comfortable with them as I do with friends I already have. Sometimes I picture myself as being someone who you like after you get to know. It's not a bad thing, but it sometimes means that it takes me a little while longer to make good friends. But I'd like to think that once I do make friends, I'm pretty good at keeping them. I just think that making friends in college might take me a little while longer than it might take other people. It's not a big deal, but I hope that I'll be able to find people that I'll create good friendships with. I hope I'll find a few people that really care about me. I know that there are a lot of people that care about me, but when I'm at the campus all alone feeling a big lonely, it's hard to remember that.

I'm sure that everything will work out just fine. Today was an improvement from yesterday, and I'm sure that tomorrow will be an improvement from today. Well, I'm out friends. I hope you're all doing well. I miss you all terribly.

-Fluffy

No comments: