Monday, November 03, 2008

(8) Rollin' Rollin' Rollin' (8)

I'm writing from the music building's computer lab. I heard someone say that they had twelve music classes this semester... and here I was thinking that ten was bad. So, I'm slowly realizing that this keeping my head barely above water thing isn't working out so well for me. I've never been much of a studier, but I think I'm going to have to start working harder at this homework thing. We did rhythm clapping today and talked about instrumental music. What if I get stuck teaching instrumental music?!? What am I going to do? I know nothing about instrumental music, and I definitely don't know enough to teach other people how to do it.

I'm feeling really stressed right now, so I thought that writing on my blog would help me relieve some of that stress. It's working, and I'm feeling a little better.

Yesterday was a really good and bad day for me. I got a lot of things done that should have been done a long time ago, but it still felt good to finish it. I did a tiny bit of homework this week, but not enough. I had a sudden prompting that I needed to go to the CES fireside last night. I've been to one before, and it was all right. But literally I felt like I needed to go about five minutes before it started. So I ran down stairs and threw on a dress all while thinking about how crazy I was acting and I dashed over to the church. I made it just as the opening song was starting. I definitely needed to be there. The presiding bishop talked a lot about what we would make of ourselves. It was good for me to hear. I mean I'm progressing and doing well, but there's still more that I can be doing. The only hard part was realizing that I still have no friends in my singles ward. But I'm sure I'll find some soon. I was worried about it last night, but I'm not super worried about it today. I'll be there for a year at least. That gives me plenty of time to make friends. I hope.

I lead the music in sacrament meeting yesterday! It was absolutely terrifying. It was pretty fun though after I got past the feeling of terror. So it ended up being a pretty exciting adventure.

So my good news of the day is that I got a new job. I start today. I'm working at my mom's school on Mondays after I get out of school. I'm going to be an aide for their after school choir program. So basically I'm going to teach small children to sing. That's the goal at least, and I'm pretty excited about it. Well, I'm scared and excited, but it'll be good. It'll be a really great way for me to ease into the whole teaching business. We'll see how it goes...

So yeah, that's my life right now. I'm getting almost enough sleep, not studying hard enough, trying to change, trying to balance, teaching, learning, and most importantly I'm just trying to be my very best me. It's working pretty well, but I'm not feeling quite so great about everything today. I'm going to try and work harder at this school thing.

I hope you're all doing well. Things are great here minus the cold, and I hope they're great for all of you as well. Have a great week and a spectacular Monday.

-Fluffy

2 comments:

Kortney said...

That's the perfect job for you!!! That's so awesome! Let me know how it goes for you! I love you! :)

Katie Ann said...

Hello...chica...post! It's been like 9 days. Love you anyway though and I hope you're doing well :D