Saturday, October 14, 2006

"Accepted"

So having a blog is an interesting thing. Everything that happens, or anything I think or feel, I say, "Wow that would make a cool blog entry." So today is going to be something that I've been thinking and feeling for a really long time.

It's sort of a jumble of thoughts and feelings about being accepted and stuff. Many of you would term this entry as ranting. I term this as thought releasing. So here I go.

So I've been thinking a lot about human behavior. We are so weird. We do some of the strangest things, that don't really make sense.

Examples:

I wear jeans every day just like everyone else, and I have no idea why. Do you know why you were jeans instead of sweats to school? I personally believe that my sweats would beat my jeans on the comfortable scale any day of the week. But I wear jeans. I wear jeans because that's how I feel "accepted." All right, so obviously this whole acceptance idea isn't based on jeans. But this "jean theory" got me thinking about all the other things that I do. I mean why do I do my hair in the morning? It takes a lot longer to actually try and make it look good, than to just put it in a pony tail and call it beautiful.

Now most of us don't spend 3 hours in front of the mirror trying to be beautiful, but all of us at least try to look our best. We all try to be accepted by our peers. And quite frankly, I'm sick of it. I want to feel so good about myself that it doesn't even matter if my shirt has a ketchup stain from my hamburger at lunch. I feel the need to be accepted because of who I am.

Some days I feel like walking down the halls and singing my heart out. Why don't I? Because of the fear of not being accepted by the people around me. I want to be accepted. When we have a lot of friends, we feel good. And we all want to feel good.

So basically, I don't even know what being accepted means any more. If you smoke you can be accepted by the punks; if you play sports you can be accepted by the jocks; and if you play rock paper scissors really well then you can be accepted by the rock paper scissors clan. It's so insane.

So although I'll probably never be able to change the way people perceive things, I can at least try to be accepted by the people that I know will love me even if I do wear sweats instead of jeans.

That is all. This is Fluffy signing off.

8 comments:

Samantha said...

yeah! go melissa! I love you man
! That was an amazing blog! I totally agree with you 100%! :D yeah...I know...I am now part of the blogging world. go check it out. ;)

Kortney said...

I totally agree with you! I couldn't have said it better!

M-smash said...

Hey, be nice to rock paper scissors clan. ;)

You DO sing your heart out down the hall. I still accept you :D

Yeah, looking your best is SO overrated. I wonder what people would do if they saw us without all the effort.... *shun the non-believer, shuuuun*

Courtney said...

lol. molly, no one could ever shun you. you're the definition of cool. you're totally the trend-setter.

Combat Kyle said...

Ladies, ladies. Take it from me: there is absolutely nothing wrong with pony tales ;) When you have the choice to make between spending a half hour on you hair or taking half a minute to put your hair in a pony tail, if you dont wanna do your hair, (mind you, this is coming from a guy) then dont. :D I promise, you all look just as "awe-inspiring" in a pony tail. Go for the gold, but don't dig too deep :D

Mind you, I dig pony tails...

CJThatcher said...

It's true, he does dig pony tails. I wore a pony tail once and he was all over me.

While there is something to be said about looking your very best, I must throw my support in with kyle. The man knows his stuff, and it's ok for y'alls to not make us drool every time you walk by. Y'all are beautiful on the inside. And the outside too. So don't sweat it.

Combat Kyle said...

Amen brothah', amen. |girls|=(h)

(For those of you that don't know, that means the absolute value of girls equals hotness :P You are always on the positive side even if you think you've plugged in a negative for the day. Makeup and fancy stuff can't change the absolute-ness of the absolute values :D :D )

(So I'm a nerd, so what?)

Heidi said...

heeeeyyy!!!