Thursday, January 17, 2008

(8) I'm so happy, I'm so happy (8)

I'm exhausted. Today at work I wasn't sure if I would be able to keep it up, but I did. Hooray me. Anyways, as I was trying to make it through about the 80th (that's an exaggeration) time that I had mopped, I thought about something. I was exhausted and pretty much could have dropped to the ground at any moment, but I was happy.

I considered this for a really long time. How in the world was I happy when I felt like I hadn't slept in days and I'd been running a marathon? I was happy because I know who I am and I have the gospel in my life. I wasn't running around laughing and screaming, but I was inwardly happy today.

Then I thought about end of term. Am I glad it's end of term? You better believe I'm glad that it's end of term. I worked my butt off for my grades this term. I can't remember a time when I've really had to step it up and try really hard to keep my grades up, but this term I did. I guess I just had a lot of other things in my life and so it was harder to balance them. Anyways, I'm pretty proud of all the hard work though. Calculus was really hard for me at the beginning of the year, (I apologize to my class mates who had to watch me complain) but I'm doing so much better now. I'm not excellent at the math, but I'm trying my hardest. I'm trying to study and learn and pay attention better than I ever have in that class. Some of the things take me a lot longer than other people and I'm still not amazing at it, but I have improved so much. It was really hard for me to do and I hope that I didn't act like too big of an idiot on the way. :)

So this term was awesome, hard, busy, cool, and fun, but in the end I made it through all the stuff and I'm pretty proud of how it all turned out. I'm happy. I can be exhausted, beaten, and broken and I'm still happy because I know that I have friends and family that love me, I know I have the gospel, and I know that I have a loving Heavenly Father who cares about me. It's not always easy to remember these things when times are hard, but I still know deep down that it's true.

Have a wonderful night everyone. Hooray for end of term and hooray for the start of a new one.

-Fluffy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you like 80s music? Come to my 80s musis place,
myitalodisco.blogspot.com
Now as then!