Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Happy Days

Well, here I am again. I hope that everyone is doing well. Today was a really great day for me. I think that the greatest part happened after school. I went out to the seminary building, because I didn't have work or anything, and I talked with Thatcher, Hope, and Brother Coleman for a while. Thatcher left after a little while and then Brother Coleman had to do some stuff for the 9th graders video, and so I sat in Coleman's room and talked with Hope for about an hour. It was really awesome to get to talk to her. Then Brother Coleman said he was getting bored so we moved into the office where he was working and talked with him. It was really awesome. I learned a few things that I can really work on.

Brother Coleman said that we were good enough friends and so I wouldn't get offended if he told me something that I could improve upon haha so he told me that I'm too meek, I think he meant when it comes to sharing the gospel. I thought about it for a while and he's probably right. I think that I tend to think that people are set in their ways and they don't feel like changing and I don't feel like bothering them; however, I think I'm beginning to realize that even if people don't want to learn about the church from me, it's the biggest part of who I am and it's ok to share that with people. I'm also learning that people probably aren't quite as set in their ways as I think they are. People are probably more willing to change and find the truth than I think. I'm really excited to try to be more open about stuff like that. Even if all I change is inviting people to things that I don't think they'll come to, I'll be doing better and that's what I want to do. I want to share with people the best thing that I have in my life: the gospel. It's really important to me and it's ok to let people know that at appropriate times.

I really appreciate Brother Coleman. He's helped me through a lot and I'm really glad that he has so much faith in me. It's always nice to know that other people think that I'm doing well and that I'm trying my best. Anyways, the rest of the day was awesome too, but that was probably the best part of the day. There are so many things that I can improve on, but as Brother Coleman told me once, "It's not speed, it's direction." So I hope that I'm pointed in the right direction and that I'm doing my best to improve my weaknesses and turn them into strengths. Things are tough, but I know I can make it through because I have spiritual help on my side. Thanks for listening, and have a great night. I hope things are going well for you all. Keep moving along and doing your best.

-Fluffy

No comments: